1939 Dodge Series D11
Coupe Car for sale in Madera, California 93636
Following in the tradition of previous Ford factory built Mustang race cars like the 1968 Cobra Jet, the Boss 429 and the FR500S Mustang Challenge car, Ford Racing and AAI started work on a production run of 50 Cobra Jet Mustangs in January 2010. Ford Racing built 50 Cobra Jet Mustangs at Ford vendor facilities.
One thing that the crew at Volo Auto Museum understands is that context is everything. They have gone the extra mile to display each movie car with memorabilia and signage that brings the scene to life. The museum features actual movie props such as Tom Cruise's racing seat from Days Of Thunder.
Classic Car Overview
If you're looking for a serious, high end, and distinctive show contender that you can finish out your way, take a look at this rare Dodge coupe. This was the only year they made this particularly outstanding roof line and tail shape, which was also available on the Chrysler and DeSoto. Plymouth did not follow suit and no other years had quite the lines of this late 30's fat fender. No expense was spared anywhere on the car. Stainless and grade 8 hardware were used throughout the build. This was a body-off restoration and every single part was rebuilt, replaced, or upgraded. Many custom designed and machined parts were used for structural as well as cosmetic details. I have all of the necessary sheet metal to finish it out and boxes of original parts also come with the car. I have included a few photos from the day it was delivered to its current state. I have many more available upon request.
- New 360 crate motor - magnum heads - roller cam - roller rockers - Demon 750 carb - Mallory CD ignition - ceramic intake and 1 3/4" full length headers - puts out close to 400 HP
- New custom built automatic transmission with 2800 stall and overdrive - remote fan cooler
- Ford 8.8 rear axle - 31 spline - limited slip - disc brakes - sway bar - 3.73 gears - fully rebuilt
- Fatman front clip - stainless a-arms - sway bar - disc brakes
- Custom built aluminum radiator - electric fan
- Under the floor brake pedal, master cylinder and booster
- 17 gal fuel cell under the trunk pan
- Classic gauges - MPH, tach, and quad cluster (fuel, oil, temp, volts)
- Lokar pedals and shifter
- Frame has been boxed and reinforced in the front and around the rear suspension, then powder coated blue
- 1938 Chrysler tail lights (frenched)
PLEASE CALL 559-416-6815 FOR MORE INFORMATION. OFFERS CONSIDERED. BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSPORT FROM MADERA, CA 93636 BUT I WILL HELP WHERE I CAN. THANKS FOR LOOKING!!!
Classic Car ID101135811
CategoryHot Rods & Customs
Transmission4 Speed Automatic w/ Electronic Overdrive
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
Immediately receive a quote to get your new classic car delivered right to your driveway from Autotrader’s trusted Classic Transport Partner ShipYourCarNow. Click Now!
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 717-5180 Apply now
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com. Get more info
As the inventors of Agreed Value coverage, we understand the special nature of protecting a collectible vehicle. Every policy offers Agreed Value, Unlimited Mileage, No Deductible, Towing and Labor, Spare Parts Coverage and the flexibility of using the Repair Shop of Your Choice. Whether insuring a priceless historical vehicle or a weekend cruiser, no one knows more about insuring collector cars then Grundy. www.Grundy.com or 888-647-8636 Get Quotes Now