1928 Ford Pickup
Truck Car for sale in Houston, Texas 77084
Following in the tradition of previous Ford factory built Mustang race cars like the 1968 Cobra Jet, the Boss 429 and the FR500S Mustang Challenge car, Ford Racing and AAI started work on a production run of 50 Cobra Jet Mustangs in January 2010. Ford Racing built 50 Cobra Jet Mustangs at Ford vendor facilities.
One thing that the crew at Volo Auto Museum understands is that context is everything. They have gone the extra mile to display each movie car with memorabilia and signage that brings the scene to life. The museum features actual movie props such as Tom Cruise's racing seat from Days Of Thunder.
Classic Car Buyer's Tools
For the latest and most reliable Classic and Collectible Car prices, values, production numbers and local car clubs, always trust NADAguides.com.Get more info ›
Get THE LOWEST MONTHLY PAYMENTS! We are a nationwide collector car finance company with over a decade of experience serving our clients. Give us a call today at (800) 872-1965Click here ›
Classic Car Overview
1928 Ford Pickup $17,000
The truck has a clean and clear Texas title and took roughly a year to build.
· Frame: Riley Automotive boxed double Z’d chassis. Mild swoop in the front with a 8” kick up in the rear. Reinforced cross members for plenty of power and is power coated gloss black for life long protection.
· Suspension: All components are top of the line Pete and Jake’s Hotrod parts (tie rod, drag link, hairpin bars, ladder bars, etc). It has a more traditional style look with front and rear leaf springs for a buggy set up followed along with Pete and Jake’s shock absorbers and a vega steering box.
· Rear end: The rear end is a new 9” Ford from John’s Industrys and has a 3:50gearing ratio.
· Braking: The fronts are Mopar vented rotors with GM calipers and the rears are Ford drums.
· Exhaust Manifolds: Small block Chevy ram horn style exhaust manifolds with a full 2 ¼ exhaust system urn underneath to the back with dual glass packs.
· Wheels and tires: The front tires are Coker Firestone Ribbed Dirt Track bias ply 500X16’s. The rears are Coker Firestone Deluxe Champions bias ply 700X16’s. the wheels are from Wheel Vintiques 14 Series Gennies.
· Motor and tran: the motor is a 1963 sbc 327 from an old Corvette. It has a mild cam, new distributor, new spark plug wires, Holley double pumper 750cfm, new water pump/pulleys and a new alternator. Puts out about 300hp to the wheels. For a truck that weighs almost nothing it gets up and goes. The transmission is a regular turbo 350 with a 16’ Lokar shift kit installed.
· Interior My favorite part by fare about this truck is it is signed on the bash pillar by Eugene Cernan, who was the last man to step foot on the moon for Apollo 17 (he loves old cars). It sports the original cluster panel, modified to fit Stewart Warner Deluxe black face gauges, black rubber carpeting, 2 nice buckets, 1950’s USAF lap belts.
· A 16-gallon U3 Series fuel tank made by Tanks Inc.
· The interior paneling are 1/8 stained and polyurethane wood inserts on the doors.
· $17,000 for this one of a kind hot rod pickup.
1928 Ford Pickup Specifications
Classic Car ID100798423
CategoryHot Rods & Customs
ConditionFinished and run/drives great!
Trim Body Style
Custom Exterior ColorN/A
Classic Car Buyer and Seller Resources