Silverado Black Ops Concept
This concept is based on the Silverado Crew Cab 4x4, building on its strength, performance and safety with features designed to turn the wasteland into an oasis, including custom-fabricated lower body armor and a lockable, bed-mounted Truck Vault storage unit. It holds a solar power pack, a pair of gas masks, gloves, military First Aid Kit, folding shovel and rope.
A generator, fuel can and water can are mounted atop the storage unit, as well as a crate stocked with food. The Silverado’s available CornerStep bumper makes it easier to reach into the bed to retrieve the survival gear, while the available locking tailgate with EZ-Lift-and Lower feature enables easier operation. An internal torsion bar reduces the effort to raise and lower it while a rotary damper allows for a controlled and more gradual lowering motion.
A powerful, front-mounted winch can help the Silverado Black Ops in most any catastrophe-induced predicament, while a custom cover around the winch has a bright, light-emitting diode, or LED, spot light and integrated tow hooks. The truck also has a raised suspension that provides extra ground clearance. Additional exterior concept equipment includes custom bed rails and a light bridge – equipped with forward- and rearward-facing light bars, Chevrolet Accessories bolt-on fender flares and four-inch tubular assist steps, andoff-road tires mounted on custom-painted versions of the production Z71 18-inch wheels.
Inside, custom-trimmed black seats with yellow piping are complemented by additional yellow trim throughout the cabin, designed to be a comfortable and well-connected environment. It includes Silverado’s MyLink system with available navigation – displayed on an eight-inch color touch screen. Standard USB and other accessory inputs make it easy to upload favorite songs from a smartphone or other media source.
Silverado Volunteer Firefighter Concept
The concept vehicle features a full complement of rescue equipment incorporated on a new Silverado Double Cab equipped with the Z71 Off Road suspension. “We wanted to pay tribute to these important men and women in communities everywhere,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet marketing. “They are the kind of hard-working Americans for whom we design and build the Silverado, making sure it delivers the capability and dependability they expect.” Approximately 90 percent of the fire departments in the United States are entirely or mostly volunteer – and 75 percent of all firefighters are volunteers. The volunteer fire council is made up of firefighter associations from 49 states and advocates policies, standards and programs to keep those firefighters safe. Earlier this year, the fire council and Chevrolet began a partnership to raise awareness for volunteer emergency services, and support volunteer firefighters and EMS personnel nationwide.
The Silverado Volunteer Firefighter concept has plenty of room for personal gear such as a turnout coat and pants, firefighter helmet, air pack and gloves. It’s also outfitted with the tools and safety equipment needed in a support vehicle, including:
- Chevrolet Accessory six-spoke 22-inch Wheels (part number 2095180) with custom painted finish
- Emergency roof light bar and additional light-emitting diode, or LED, perimeter lighting
- Chevrolet Accessory four-inch chrome assist steps (part number 22805436)
- Chevrolet Accessory chrome package: door handles (part number 22940647) and mirror caps (part number 22913965)
- Chevrolet Accessory molded hood protector (part number 19302745)
- Red and Silver Paint Scheme with Custom Graphics
- Emergency siren and PA system
- Chrome fire extinguishers and mounting hardware
- Chevrolet Accessory gull-wing tool box (part number 19260344)
- Custom billet aluminum front brush guard and billet aluminum bed rails
- Axe and Halligantool
- CornerSteprear bumper
- Cantilever cab-over TracRac (part number 19299113) with custom brushed aluminum finish.
Inside, the front seats are re-trimmed with 3M reflective bolster material and Torch Red stitching, which complements additional chrome-plated accents throughout the cab.
Chevrolet Performance Sonic RS concept
This performance-oriented Sonic RS concept draws on the legacy of Chevrolet’s high-performance vehicles yet reimagined for a new generation. It features engine performance, suspension/brakes and appearance upgrades developed by Chevrolet Performance engineers and designed to be installed by Chevrolet dealers.
- A Stage Kit, cold-air induction and a high-flow exhaust system allow the 1.4L turbo engine to produce more power for a more exciting driving experience
- The engine enhancements are complemented by a track-tuned suspension system and higher-performance brake upgrade kit, featuring Wilwood front calipers
- The suspension kit lowers the ride height for a sportier stance
- Chevrolet Performance 18-inch, split-five-spoke wheels complement the lowered look with aggressive style
- Lemon Peel Yellow exterior with blue graphics; tinted headlamps and fog lamps; blue-accented window moldings and rear hatch trim
- Additional exterior accessories, including color-tinted grille trim, headlamp rings and mirror caps are available from Chevrolet dealers and complement custom graphics and other accents that can be easily duplicated by creative owners
- Re-trimmed seats in black leather, with Lark Yellow contrast stitching.
Ricky Carmichael All-Activity Sonic concept
The All-Activity Sonic concept returns for the 2013 SEMA Show – this time, it adds something the American Motorcycle Association champion, X-Games gold medalist and NASCAR racer Ricky Carmichael can truly appreciate: An all-new performance package with parts from Chevrolet Performance. Highlights include:
- Chevrolet Performance 1.4L Turbo Stage Kit with high-flow exhaust
- Chevrolet Performance cold-air induction
- Chevrolet Performance suspension kit with lowered ride height
- Chevrolet Performance brake package with Wilwood front calipers
- Chevrolet Performance 18-inch wheel-and-tire package featuring custom gloss black with green lip
The exterior is painted satin black that is pearlized with blue, along with custom graphics. The Sonic’s body is accented with a concept rear wing spoiler, smoked lamp housings, ground effects package and a unique grille. It also wears a THULE roof rack.
Inside, FOX Racing boardshort material is used on the seat inserts, which complements dark green and black leather instrument panel trim and door trim with lime green piping. A matching, green/black-trimmed flat-bottom steering wheel continues the theme. Additional interior features include an upgraded sound system, a Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit and a custom aluminum shift knob.
Personalization Sonic concept
Equipped with several performance enhancements, this Victory Red concept represents an undeniably fun take on Sonic – with a larger emphasis on personalization. Highlights include:
- Body-color door handles with chrome stripe
- Chrome liftgate and mirror cap trim
- Chevrolet Accessory exterior graphics package
- Chevrolet Accessory door sill plates and all-weather floor mats
- Chevrolet Accessory footwell lighting package and pedal covers
- Kicker® 200-Watt DSP amp with 200-Watt powered subwoofer (also available with Chevrolet MyLink).
Some exterior details will be changed during the SEMA Show, giving the car a different appearance throughout the weeklong convention. It also features:
- Borla performance exhaust
- Chevrolet Performance suspension kit (with lowered ride height)
- Chevrolet Performance brake package with Wilwood front calipers
- Chevrolet Performance 18-inch wheel-and-tire package.
Spark EV Tech Performance concept
A pure-electric urban mini-car designed for fun driving, easy ownership and head-turning style, the Spark EV uses no gasoline, but its GM-built motor and drive unit deliver 400 lb-ft of instant torque – more than the classic 1969 Camaro SS muscle car with a 350 V-8 – for exhilarating acceleration. It can go from 0 to 60 mph in 7.5 seconds.
The Tech Performance concept builds on Spark EV’s performance with a unique power-delivery algorithm that enhances acceleration. Stronger axles support the greater power – helping transform this electric minicar into a mini-muscle car. Additional features:
- Custom exterior color and graphics, a unique backlit Chevrolet “bowtie” emblem in the grille and performance billet aluminum wheels
- Chevrolet Accessory sill plates, floor mats and pedal covers
- Body-color trim plates and green stitching on the shifter boot and steering wheel
- A military-style flip-up “activation switch” on the instrument panel adds a fun, high-performance-oriented touch of style to this plug-in performer
- Lightweight features that enhance performance
Urban Cool Impala concept
All-new for 2014, the Impala’s aggressive good looks contributed to a 64-percent rise in retail sales in September. The Urban Cool concept builds on the Impala LTZ with custom-painted grille accents, Chevrolet Accessories concept ground effects and Chevrolet Accessories concept 20-inch wheels painted to match the grille accents.
A lowered stance further accents the sporty style while the LTZ’s high-intensity discharge headlamps and light-emitting diode, or LED, daytime running lamps lend a more sophisticated appearance. Inside, the trim is painted high-gloss piano black and anodized low-gloss black, contrasting with Sky Cool Gray leather-trimmed seats that also feature perforated leather inserts and orange stitching.
The Urban Cool concept rocks with the Impala’s available 11-speaker Bose® Centerpoint® Surround Sound System, which connects to the Chevrolet MyLink system via an eight-inch-diagonal color touch screen.
With a raft of technology, comfort and refinement enhancements, as well as a new front-end design, the 2014 Malibutakes on one of the industry’s most competitive segments with greater roominess, greater efficiency and greater connectivity. The Malibu LTZ SEMA concept delivers greater style, too, with performance-style ground effects and Chevrolet Accessories 19-inch wheels with a Sterling Silver finish. A Borla exhaust system lends a throatier note to the 259-hp, 2.0L turbocharged engine. A concept Stage Kit and cold-air induction system support greater performance, too, from an engine that already delivers 295 lb-ft of torque, the most in its class.
Personalization Cruze Diesel concept
A distinctive ground effects package by 3dCarbon, as well as an updated front fascia and chin spoiler give this Cruze Diesel concept a fresh, athletic aesthetic that supports its 258 lb-ft of torque (350 Nm) – and 0-60 capability of 8.6 seconds. Inside, the sound system is upgraded with Kicker® Audio components and an ambient lighting package has been added. With its 2.0L clean turbo-diesel engine, the Cruze Diesel offers EPA-estimated 46 mpg on the highway – better than any non-hybrid or gasoline-powered passenger car in America. It can travel 717 miles on a single tank, or about 10 hours of highway driving.
Want more Chevrolet Performance? Check out our Chevy Performance Center
Published Dec 7th, 2015
More Classic Car News & Article Categories:
While every factory Ford GT40 is special, some are more special than others. The dazzling example featured here, chassis GT40P/1074, earns bonus points for at least three reasons..
Not long after their first event together, Bob bought a standard road-going 1968 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super, and had it restored by Classicarco in Manchester. We spend a pleasant afternoon tossing it around the French countryside for Martyn